Translate

Monday 25 November 2013

An Ouchless Bikini Wax

Like most women, I have a love-hate relationship with my bikini wax. I love the end result; smooth skin that I do not need to worry about for the next 30 days. But I absolutely hate the pain! It simply does not seem to get better; although every one continues to promise it will with time. Well, it has been about 10 years now and it is hurting! Then there is the redness of the skin afterward!
It is simply not the most fun thing to do, although it is absolutely necessary. During my last visit to my dermatologist, I somehow got into a conversation about bikini waxing. I would venture to say we ended up on the topic as we discussed skin irritations and eyebrow waxing. She quickly suggested a couple products and simple steps I can take to help make the waxing hurt a bit less and sooth the irritation much faster. I mean let's face it, other than getting knocked out; there is simply nothing that is going to make a bikini wax absolutely pain free.

It basically all comes down to prepping. Who knew you had to prep for a bikini wax? The day before you wax, exfoliate the area. This is of course very sensitive skin, therefore you are going to want to use a mild exfoliator. L'Occitane Ultra Rich Body Scrub is one of my favorites, as it is gentle enough to use on sensitive skin, and it leaves the skin soft and moisturized. Exfoliating the area will create a smooth surface, helping the wax adhere better to your skin and therefore take the hair off on the first try. You also want to make sure that you prep the area by moisturizing! I had never thought you needed to moisturize down there, but apparently if the skin is properly hydrated, the wax hurts less. She suggested I use a moisturizing oil. It is less greasy than a cream or lotion and absorbs quickly. I started using L'Occitane Amande Shower Oil to prep the area after I exfoliated. It felt great and very smooth already! I also ended up using this after my wax to help sooth the redness and irritation from the wax and it worked wonders.
Once you have prepped your skin properly, you next have to think about time. Your have a higher pain tolerance n the morning than later during the day; so is you can squeeze in your wax first thing, do so! You also want to schedule your waxing around your menstrual cycle. Right before and immediately after your period, your pain tolerance is its lowest; so be aware of where you are on your cycle and work around that pain.
Lastly, choose a salon that uses stripless waxing. Waxing strips add increased pain because the fibers of the strips become attached to your skin and hurt oh so very much when removed. Wax alone tends to be much easier to remove and less painful.
Waxing is a definite must of us girls, but it surely does not have to be super painful (just a tiny bit).

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8105688

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...