Translate

Tuesday 26 November 2013

What Sleep Positions Cause Wrinkles?

To prevent wrinkles get into the habit of sleeping on your back. Think about it. Look at your face in the mirror. See what side has the wrinkles. I bet the smoother side is the side you sleep on. Interesting how something as small as how you sleep makes your face look older.
Those of us that are older, meaning over 30, look at your friends faces. I would try this test. Of course the older the friend the more evident it is which side they sleep on. They have had years of practice. Then tell your friend what side of the body they sleep on. You will shock them. Look at their face and look for the side of the face that is smoother and that is the side they sleep on. Be careful and not to insult this person by suggesting they have large creases in their face. Some people are a little sensitive about this. This practice can cause some awkward moments. I know I would feel weird if someone walked up to me and told me I had wrinkles on my face and it was because I was sleeping wrong. So be cautious when approaching a person to have this discussion. It could get lively and that is putting it mildly.


Sleeping on your back is made easier when you use a pillow that has a indentation in the center that holds your head in place. You may wind up on your side by the end of the night, but at least your intentions were good. And you did not sleep the whole night away on your side. You will not see over-night results from sleeping on your back. This will only pay off in the long run. My advice is do not start this wrinkle causing habit. For us that already have creases in our skin, do not make them worse. Sleep on your back!
Another taboo position - sleeping on your stomach. The amount of pressure that is put on your face, neck and décolletage are huge. Ladies this is the worse position for creases in between the breasts. I myself could never sleep on my stomach, I am glad I never developed this bad habit.
What kind of habits do you have that may be damaging your skin? Some of the smallest daily actions cause the most amount of harm to our complexions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...